At Talus we make data come to life. Our innovative approach improves use of data in emergency response, biosecurity, domestic and global public health, and resilience to natural disasters. We work with businesses and government agencies to develop strategies and tools to use information more effectively throughout their organization, supporting their mission and strategic goals. No matter the discipline, our focus is on interesting problems with impacts nationally and globally. We love what we do and get excited by collaboration and applying our Talus process to data analysis and visualization.
At the core of Talus is our people. We draw on creative and diverse backgrounds as scientists, researchers, data scientists, engineers, developers, and designers. We laugh a lot, focus on exploring new and different solutions and ultimately grow professionally while working towards our common goals. Talus provides exceptional benefits to all qualifying employees, including: generous paid time off; high-quality health and dental benefits (currently covered 100% for employees); family leave; 401k program with company matching; and life, short, and long-term disability insurance coverage.
Talus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to building a diverse team of creative problem solvers. Please see below for current opportunities and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Talus Analytics is hiring a full stack developer with demonstrated experience building web applications built on complex data systems. We are deeply analytical people and the right candidate will need to go beyond just building to really understand the problems we’re tackling and the data that point to the solution and drive decisions. Close collaboration and iteration are central to our work. We are a small team, mostly scientists and engineers, and most of the team codes at least some of the time. Success in this position will require close collaboration with the team to take solutions to intellectual problems and turn them into real software.
This position is based in Boulder, CO, Washington D.C., or Boston, MA.
• Intellectual curiosity and excitement to tackle complex research problems in a broad range of fields
• Personal or professional familiarity with Python
• BA/BS required, MS or PhD also encouraged to apply; position will be commensurate with experience
• Experience managing dev tooling and workflow and desire to help Talus develop best practices in these areas
• Ability to break down problems independently and work towards goals without detailed oversight
• Comfort working in a small team and mentoring other developers
• Background in a quantitative field such as mathematics, engineering, computer science, computational biology, chemistry, physics, or economics preferred
• Enjoy a combination of independent work and close collaboration with a research team
• US Citizenship
At Talus, we work as an integrated team to solve complex quantitative problems and communicate the results to drive practical, informed decision-making. Our quickly growing research group works with government, non-profit, and private sector clients to make better, more-informed decisions in emergency management, biosecurity, global health, resilience, and insurance.
If this description sounds like you, and you’re excited to work in an energetic small business setting – with exceptional benefits – then we look forward to hearing from you! Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include portfolio/Git/personal website links.
Talus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to building a diverse team of creative problem solvers who think deeply and laugh a lot.