At Talus we make data come to life. Our innovative approach improves use of data in emergency response, biosecurity, domestic and global public health, and resilience to natural disasters. We work with businesses and government agencies to develop strategies and tools to use information more effectively throughout their organization, supporting their mission and strategic goals. No matter the discipline, our focus is on interesting problems with impacts nationally and globally. We love what we do and get excited by collaboration and applying our Talus process to data analysis and visualization.
At the core of Talus is our people. We draw on creative and diverse backgrounds as scientists, researchers, data scientists, engineers, developers, and designers. We laugh a lot, focus on exploring new and different solutions and ultimately grow professionally while working towards our common goals. Talus provides exceptional benefits to all qualifying employees, including: generous paid time off; high-quality health and dental benefits (currently covered 100% for employees); family leave; 401k program with company matching; and life, short, and long-term disability insurance coverage.
Talus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to building a diverse team of creative problem solvers. Please see below for current opportunities and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Talus Analytics is hiring a UI/UX, Data Visualization Designer with demonstrated experience creating functional and beautiful UIs that translate complex data into clear and actionable take-aways. We are deeply analytical people and the right candidate will need to go beyond just building to really understand the problems we’re tackling and the data that point to the solution and drive decisions. Close collaboration and iteration are central to our work. We are a small team, mostly scientists and engineers, and success in this position will require close collaboration with the team to take solutions to intellectual problems and turn them into user interfaces. Ideal candidate will have experience utilizing data to create visualizations and interfaces that are tailored to specific user needs and research objectives.
This position is based in Boulder, CO.
• Intellectual curiosity and excitement to tackle complex research problems
• Enjoy a combination of independent work and close collaboration with a research team
• Ability to solve problems and drive to solutions independently without detailed oversight
• 3+ years experience designing UIs for web-based tools
• Work with team to pair functional requirements with qualitative and quantitative data to produce visuals that make those messages easy to understand
• Strong knowledge and experience visualizing complex data
• Understand and follow company developed brand and design standards, and best practices
• Design visualizations and interfaces, integrating notional data into prototypes and iterating
• In-depth expertise in design software like Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch to design high-fidelity mockups
• BA/BS required, MS or PhD also encouraged to apply; position will be commensurate with experience
• US Citizenship, as required for federal contracting
At Talus, we work as an integrated team to solve complex quantitative problems and communicate results. Our quickly growing research group works across sectors to drive strategy and decision-making in global and public health, emergency management, and related fields.
If this description sounds like you, and you’re excited to work in an energetic small business setting – with exceptional benefits – then we look forward to hearing from you! Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include portfolio/Git/personal website links.
Talus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to building a diverse team of creative problem solvers who think deeply and laugh a lot.